Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Elise Hayward is finally here!

It's hard to believe that this picture was taken only 1 1/2 weeks before our little one arrived...yes, 10 days early! It's funny looking back at my pregnancy pictures and at the time I was thinking of what she was going to look like, when she was actually going to come and what she'd be like! Well, we've got a good idea now!

Tomorrow our little princess will be 8 weeks and she'll officially be 2 months next week. Oh how the time is flying by and she's quickly growing! Makes me sad but excited for the new things to come as she grows and develops!

To sum up the labor story, it started the weekend before she was born with getting our Christmas decorations up. I clearly over did it as Steve crapped out on me getting them up, so I finished. That Monday, I had contractions all day but were pretty irregular. Then Tuesday, I had my weekly OB/Gyn appointment at which the Dr. gave Steve a look that I'm sure he'll never forget! It was something along the lines of "oh...this is on!!! This baby is coming soon!!" So after we got home, Steve ran around the house getting things packed and organized because he knew it was going to be that day or the next before our little one showed up! He was right! I started having contractions around 6pm on Tuesday night and became regular within a few hours. Around 11pm, Steve called the hospital and said I was 7 mins apart and they said to wait until 3-4 mins. before coming in. So around 2:30am, we headed to the hospital. It was a long labor...considering we got there at 2:45am and she wasn't born until 5:34pm! Anyway, the labor wasn't perfect and nor was our delivery, but I'm thankful for our wonderful Dr. who took care of both us 100%.

So with that, we'd like to introduce...

Elise Hayward
born December 7, 2011 at 5:34 pm
6 lbs 14 oz and 18.5 inches long

It's been an exciting, tiring, stressful and fun last 2 months with this little one! Here's some pictures we've taken over the last 2 months! It's been fun to do to care of and learn about Elise with my wonderful hubby. It's fun to have someone to share those "Ohhhh! Look how cute!" moments with him and laugh together at her cute "mowah" cry!




Hopefully I'll be able to post more pictures and stories as the months go by.

3 comments:

christi said...

She is so cute!! and we are so glad that she is here. I am so excited to watch her grow!!

Richelle said...

Adorable! We can't wait to see her again. She is growing so fast.

jillian said...

She is such a doll, it is the sweetest thing to see you as Mommy and Steve as Daddy! You have an adorable family :)